Starting out as a Stylist!

Welcome to Vicky Wood Style, my personal styling blog!


With over 10 years experience in the fashion industry, I began my career firstly as a buyer for a well known high street retailer and then went on to run my own independent women's clothing store which enabled me to experience first hand how to support my customers to look and feel their best.  I then had a career break to have 3 wonderful children, so first and foremost I am a Mum and understand how hard it is to find time in our busy lives.  Style for me needs to be effortless, with a busy lifestyle time is precious and I hope to show in my blog how this can be achieved.  I am now embarking on a new chapter in my life as a student, studying fashion styling at the London College of Style.  I feel very privileged to have this time back for me and to do something that I love!  Over the coming months, I look forward to sharing my blogs with you.

As well as my interest in fashion, I'm also very passionate about colour and how it effects the way we feel and reflects our personality.  Through interiors, places we visit and in our everyday surroundings, I'm interested in how colour can inspire us.  During my time running my shop, I was amazed by how many people were afraid of experimenting with colour and yet to me adding colour in your life brings confidence and happiness.  I hope I can encourage more people to use colour in their lives but also to appreciate its value and simply enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts