Paul Costelloe Spring/Summer 2020 London Fashion Week - An insight!

My First encounter with Paul Costelloe


London Fashion Week is always surrounded by a buzz of entertainment whether you like it or not its colourful, outrageous, innovative and inspiring at least for a stylist like me it's my most favourite time of the year.

So when an invite comes through from one of my favourite designers I can't wait to attend.  I first dressed for Paul Costelloe backstage in Spring/Summer 2015, a few seasons later as head dresser Autumn/Winter 2017 and now I attend his shows as a stylist looking for inspiration for my clients.

I am always impressed by his shows, the styling and attention to detail is always impeccable.  The professionalism of the whole team is evident behind the scenes and on the catwalk, Paul's Irish heritage certainly makes you feel part of a family all striving to succeed, which in this industry is not easy.

From the moment you walk through the door of the Waldorf Hotel, a beautiful venue in the heart of London you're treated to refreshments in a relaxed atmosphere to meet and greet fellow like minded people in the fashion world.  Rather than the reality of the usual not so glam endless queue outside, feeling as if you should have been a bit more adventurous with your outfit and trying not to look too bothered if you haven't been photographed.  Instead the scene is set and embodies the very essence of Paul Costelloe, because you know you're in for a treat! 

As an artist and a designer Paul Costelloe's invitations are always so beautiful.  This personal touch is just another example of his wonderful creativity.  I'm reminded of the first time I met Paul before a show, he was carrying one of his pieces of artwork and I asked if I could help as I was working for him as a dresser, instead he politely showed me the way backstage. There was no grandeur, I remember him even apologising if there weren't enough sandwiches to go round.




My Invite




The Venue

The Collection

'West Coast Sonata' - Paul Costelloe's collection for Spring/Summer 2020 certainly brings some Californian sunshine to London fashion week.  Eye catching retro prints bursting with colour take centre stage in citrus yellow and coral hues as seen in Paul's iconic tailoring and signature fit and flare dresses.  Hand painted prints make for the perfect pool party attire and an added colour burst was provided with brightly coloured socks from Sock shop and heels at ego official.  Paul’s shows never disappoint but this collection provided the ultimate feel good factor.  If this collection is anything to go by it’s going to be a vibrant Spring/Summer ahead.  A colour stylist’s dream, I can’t wait!  Always working a season ahead but back to reality for now with some Autumn styling to be done.  Till next time ...

























Comments

Popular Posts